Monday, April 28, 2014

I Couldn't Believe My Ears

Music to a teacher's ears......We have been using the Newsela web site  since the first couple of weeks we were awarded the grant.  The kids enjoy the program and have become very independent  in using it.  Last week one of the girls raises her hand.  I go over to check out what the issue is.  She says, "Mrs. Haskell, can I do this at home? Sometimes I get bored at home and I like reading these articles."  Without trying to sound too giddy and enthusiastic, I said to Eyllin, "That is a GREAT idea.  You can just go to the web site and log on just like you do at school."  She wrote down her login and password to take home with her.  Now I just need to remember to ask how it's going at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment