Monday, April 28, 2014

Making the Student's Research on the Web More Specific

I co-teach with the 5th grade teachers here at Free Orchards during the language arts block.  We are presently working on a project in which the students work in teams with the end result being a poster presentation of one of the original colonial regions.  Keeping in line with the CCSS they need to gather their information from multiple sources.  Now maybe all of you have thought of this before but I had researched a number of good web sites for the students to explore and I was thinking I really don't want to just give them a list of the sites that they have to type in.  We all hate typing in those long URLs, right?  So I took the list and posted it on our 5th grade blog.  The students then went to the blog and were able to just click on the links.  I thought that was pretty slick.  Certainly not rocket science but it meant that no one was going to worthless web sites or getting really side tracked with sites that were not grade/age or subject appropriate. Sometimes it is the little things that really make the difference.  If you want to check out the 5th grade blog and the kid friendly post here is the URL for the 5th grade blog: http://thewholearray.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment