Saturday, April 5, 2014


I have imbedded a YouTube video above to walk you through a tutorial showing how you can mirror what is on your or your students ipads to your PC or Mac.  There have been a number of times since I started using the iPads in the classroom that I have wanted to quickly show what is on my iPad to the students. As we are all gathered around my "mini" trying to see, I think to myself, "this is less then optimal".  Mirroring would be especially helpful when trying to teach the students how to navigate on a specific web site or a computer skill that is new to them.  It beats trying to put the iPad under the Elmo.  The picture quality when the iPad is slipped under that Elmo leaves nothing to be desired.

I will be honest and let you know that I have only done this at home but it was very successful this evening and was excited enough with my success to post and share with the other HSD teachers that are on this technology adventure.  Hopefully it will help some of you out. It will also be a place where I can easily go back and review myself (especially after the summer break!).

No comments:

Post a Comment